The success of the Lincoln-Eliot PTO is due in large part to the dedication and help of its volunteers. Time commitments are relatively small, and there are many areas in which you can help!¬†The following is a list of positions and descriptions for this upcoming school year. Positions can be filled by one individual or a group.
If you have questions or would like more information about any PTO roles or events, please email email@example.com
2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR OPPORTUNITIES
- Co-Chairs¬† Create meeting agendas with principal and help set goals for the PTO. 1 hr monthly meeting, ongoing correspondence with principal FILLED
¬†¬†– Karen Hite
¬† – Madeline McNeely
- Co-Secretary ¬†Takes meeting notes and creates publicity for general events. 1 hr monthly meeting, periodic time to send out flyers through office
- Co-Treasurers¬† Manage PTO bank account and taxes. Generally less than 1 hr/month. Periodic time based on events or tax cycle. FILLED
– Matt Rosenthal
– Cindy Chan
- Creative Arts and Sciences Committee¬† Work with CASC co-chairs and teachers to book enrichment events. Assists presenters on the day of the event. Sporadic time to email and coordinate events.
- Garden City Soccer¬† Help¬†recruit new families from L-E for the soccer program.
- School Garden Committee¬† Care for the raised beds on the east¬†side of the building.
- Understanding our Differences ¬†Help coordinate Disability Awareness activities and presentations to the 3rd-5th graders. We are recruiting a co-coordinator for this upcoming year. The amount of time¬†spent is approximately 4-6 hours preparing materials for the other volunteers per year, and 8 hours in the Fall and again in the Spring presenting the Units to the classes.¬† We are also recruiting parent volunteers for the Units.
- BoxTops¬†Fundraising¬†¬†Help promote the program and submit the collected BoxTops from the main office for reimbursement
- Playground Committee¬†¬†Determine needs for the playground and help select items for purchase
- Safe Routes to School Co-Chair¬†¬†Work with current chair and help organize “Walk to School” days during the year
- Spirit Wear Coordinators¬† Help promote¬†and coordinate sales of spirit wear 1-2 times/year
2017-18 EVENT SPECIFIC OPPORTUNITIES
- School Directory¬† September. Gather contact information online from families. 2-3 hrs
- Halloween Dance Committee¬† October. Organize annual dance including set-up and raffle sales. 3 hrs planning, day of event.
- Election Day Bake Sale¬† November. Coordinate volunteers to donate items and staff the sale. 2-3 hrs
- Book Fair¬† December. Work with librarian to organize fair where families can purchase new books. 2-3 hrs planning, 1-2 hrs day of event
- Online Auction Committee¬† Coordinate donations and publicity for online fundraiser.
- Kindergarten¬†Screening Day¬† January.¬†Help answer questions from¬†incoming parents. 1 hr
- Family Movie Night¬† Jan/Feb. Organize movie night at school. 1-2 hrs planning
- Family Science Night¬† Feb/March. Work with principal to organize event. 2-3 hrs planning, 2-3 hrs evening of event
- Newton Serves¬† May/June. Plan and organize volunteers for city-wide event. Two 1 hr city-wide meeting, 3 hrs day of event.
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon¬† May/June. Organize luncheon and coordinate volunteers. 2-3 hrs planning, 2-3 hrs day of event.