Bid this week during our Lincoln-Eliot Bidding For Good Auction!Â
Check out our amazing offerings for:
- Camps (both day and overnight)
- Classes (cooking, tutoring, knitting, etc.)
- Activities (Story Land, Disney hopper passes, whitewater rafting, canoeing, hiking, etc.)
- Travel packages (including destinations such as Cancun, Spain, and Hawaii)
- Museum passes
- Spa & beauty (gift baskets and massage at Backworks)
- Unique gift baskets
- And so much more!
Our goal is to raise at least $10K-15K to support creative arts & science programs, technology updates, and perhaps make some headway towards our much needed playground renovation! We needÂ yourÂ support!
Last day of the auction is Friday, 2/16 – DON’T WAIT…BID NOW!!
Lincoln-Eliot Elementary School PTO’s first online auction is now live! Please visit:
The auction will run through February 16th, with proceeds going to support creative arts & science programs, technology updates, and our much needed playground improvements. Auction items range from exotic vacation getaways to donated items guaranteed to delight and surprise. Let the bidding begin!
Andy Green, founder of Potato Hill Poetry (and our official L-E “Poet in Residence”), makes his final visit to our second, fourth and fifth grade classes on Monday, Feb. 5th and Wednesday, Feb. 7th.Â His visits are made possible by your PTO donations and a generous grant from the Massachusetts Cultural Council.Â Please ask your children about the marvelous poems they are writing! More info:Â www.potatohill.com
Movie Night nextÂ Friday, February 9th
LINCOLN ELIOT SCHOOL PTO Online Auction
Here’s your chance to win great deals on camps, travel, classes, groceries, and much more while helping the LEPTO accomplish its goals!!!
The LEPTO Online Auction opens for bidding onÂ February 8, 2018 at 12:00 AM EST and runs through February 16, 2018!
Our goal this year is to raise $10K-15K to support CAS programs, technology updates, and perhaps make some headway towards our much needed playground renovation! We need your support! This is an exciting and fun way to help us, and at the same time have a chance to win some great items! We have items ranging from groceries to exotic travel packages!Â Buy something for yourself or a loved one (or purchase a trip to include everyone)!!!
We’ll be adding new itemsÂ daily to our auction for you to preview right up to the auction date. Check back often to see what’s new. Feel free to place a Watch on your favorites, so that you’ll know as soon as bidding begins.
Check out the site:
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
Please encourage your friends, family members, colleagues and acquaintances to visit the site and bid!
Other ways to help:
Donate or Be a Sponsor – Contact us atÂ email@example.comÂ orÂ 617-559-9540Â to take advantage of promotional opportunities for your business or to pledge your individual support
Save the date for the 2018 Lincoln-Eliot Family Science Night onÂ Friday, March 16Â from 5-7 in the school gym!
Stay tuned for more details coming home in purple folders.Â Students are welcome to explore the science topic of their choice and bring a display to share their learnings.Â Everyone’s invited to check out hands-on STEM activities and exhibits.Â Pizza and baked goods will be available, with proceeds benefiting the PTO.
In celebration of the New England Patriotâ€™s making it to the Super Bowl, please dress your scholar in their favorite Patriots gear (or red, white and blue) on Friday, February 2nd.
Mark your Calendar:
- Monday, February 5th, 7:00pm: Kindergarten Information Night
- Friday, February 9th, 6:00pm- 8:00pm: Family Movie Night
- February 19 â€“ 23: February Vacation Week: No School
- Tuesday, February 27th, Lincoln Eliotâ€™s Kindergarten Screening Day
A few reminders from previous weeks:
- Families Organizing for Racial Justice
FORJ (Families Organizing for Racial Justice) is a coalition of school-aged families in Newton coming together to teach our children â€“ and ourselves â€“ how to stand up for racial equality. For resources & age appropriate book recommendations: https://forjnewton.com/about/
Each school in the district has a team of parents organizing FORJ and the Lincoln-Eliot team is looking for more parents who are interested in enhancing our diverse community through this race, culture, and identity work. Stay tuned for info on a L-E community-building event this spring! L-E FORJ Contact: parent Lanni Isenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
For info on FORJ Newton events, see FORJNewton on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FORJNewton/
- Kindergarten Registration
- If you have a younger child that is 5 (by August 31) or know a friend in the neighbor with a child that age, it’s time to think about Kindergarten! Kindergarten information night is at Newton South on Monday, February 5th at 7:00pm. At the information night, you will receive a folder with all registration documents. You will need to bring the completed paperwork to the Kindergarten screening. Lincoln-Eliot’s screening date is Tuesday, February 27th. Please call the school to schedule your screening appointment. If you have any questions, please call Jena Rossi at 617-559-9540.
Ready or not- winter is here!! Please be sure to send your scholar to school each day with a winter jacket, hats, gloves and snow boots as we will continue have outdoor recess daily throughout the winter. Also, please clearly label these items with your childâ€™s name so they do not get lost or missed placed.
Please keep an eye out for any products at home with Box Tops! We collect them in the office and they are redeemed for money for the school. We already have $70 towards our next submission, so keep the collection sheets coming!
- Arrival and Dismissal:
- Arrival and dismissal time has become a bit chaotic and dangerous at times. As a result, I am asking you to please adhere to the following to ensure the safety of all scholars:
- Students should only be let out of the car on the curbside of the street never into the street.
- The blue zone (on both Pearl Street and Jackson Road) is a no parking zone; it should be used for quick drop off and pick up only
- If coming from the Capital Street area, please cross students at the Pearl/Jackson light in the designated crosswalk; not in front of cars on Jackson Street.
- The fire lane in the staff parking lot is a no parking zone
Dogs are not allowed on school property but we have come up with a plan that should work for all. If you choose to walk your dog to school at arrival and dismissal times, you and your dog must wait by the Flagpole on the corner of Pearl St and Jackson Rd. Make sure to inform your childâ€™s teacher that you give permission for your child to walk to the Flagpole area on his/her own. It is imperative that you talk with your child to create a plan in case you are late. Make sure to communicate that plan to your childâ€™s teacher.
- In an effort to ensure student safety, we are asking for parents and teachers to remind students NOT to climb through the bushes in the front of the school when entering or exiting the building. Thank you for your assistance with this matter.
- Please notify the office if you have a change of address or phone number. It is important to have up to date contact information in the case of an emergency.
Register Today For Newton Little League Spring, 2018 Season!
Welcoming Boys & Girls Ages 4-12
Information & Registration: NewtonLLBaseball.org
Newton Public Schools Food Service will once again host the Future Chef Competition for students in grades 3-5. This year, we’re looking for your favorite Healthy Asian Fusion recipe! One winner from each elementary school will be chosen to compete at a chef’s event at Newton North High School on Tuesday, March 20th.Â Entries are due by Monday, February 5, 2018.Â Visit the website www.newton.k12.ma.us/futurechefÂ to download the recipe card entry form and to find out more details about the competition. Good luck!
Friday, January 26th is the last day to send in item or monetary donations for class Gift Baskets.Â These will be part of ourÂ Â online auction through Bidding for Good.Â Â The auction will run from February 8, 2018 through February 16, 2018, and will raise money for our Creative Arts & Sciences programs, technology purchases and field trip costs.
A bag will be left in each classroom to collect items, and monetary donations can be sent directly to the Main Office via your childâ€™s purple folder.
If you are interested in assisting with basket assembly, please contact Andrea atÂ email@example.com.Â Â Â If you have questions about the online auction, please contact Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your help!
The Lincoln Eliot PTO
Kindergarten: Craft Basket (Crafting items, kits, materials etc.)
First Grade: Tea & Coffee Break Basket (Teas, coffees, cookies, etc.)
Second Grade: Sports Basket (Sporting goods, jerseys, caps, etc.)
Third Grade: Game Night Basket (Board games, snacks, etc.)
Fourth Grade: Spa Day Basket (Soaps, candles, lotions, sponges, etc.)
Fifth Grade: Foodie Basket (Gourmet foods, etc.)