Box Tops – If you are collecting Box Tops at home, please send them in by Friday, February 16th for our March submission. Every clipping counts to bring funds back to the school!
Mark your Calendar:
- February 19 â€“ 23: February Vacation Week: No School
- Tuesday, February 27th, Lincoln Eliotâ€™s Kindergarten Screening Day
- March 6th: PTO meeting 6:30pm-7:30pm
- March 6th and March 13th: Parent/teacher conferences
A few reminders from previous weeks:
- Families Organizing for Racial Justice
FORJ (Families Organizing for Racial Justice) is a coalition of school-aged families in Newton coming together to teach our children â€“ and ourselves â€“ how to stand up for racial equality. For resources & age appropriate book recommendations: https://forjnewton.com/about/
Each school in the district has a team of parents organizing FORJ and the Lincoln-Eliot team is looking for more parents who are interested in enhancing our diverse community through this race, culture, and identity work. Stay tuned for info on a L-E community-building event this spring! L-E FORJ Contact: parent Lanni Isenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
For info on FORJ Newton events, see FORJNewton on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FORJNewton/
Ready or not- winter is here!! Please be sure to send your scholar to school each day with a winter jacket, hats, gloves and snow boots as we will continue have outdoor recess daily throughout the winter. Also, please clearly label these items with your childâ€™s name so they do not get lost or missed placed.
- Arrival and Dismissal:
- Arrival and dismissal time has become a bit chaotic and dangerous at times. As a result, I am asking you to please adhere to the following to ensure the safety of all scholars:
- Students should only be let out of the car on the curbside of the street never into the street.
- The blue zone (on both Pearl Street and Jackson Road) is a no parking zone; it should be used for quick drop off and pick up only
- If coming from the Capital Street area, please cross students at the Pearl/Jackson light in the designated crosswalk; not in front of cars on Jackson Street.
- The fire lane in the staff parking lot is a no parking zone
Dogs are not allowed on school property but we have come up with a plan that should work for all. If you choose to walk your dog to school at arrival and dismissal times, you and your dog must wait by the Flagpole on the corner of Pearl St and Jackson Rd. Make sure to inform your childâ€™s teacher that you give permission for your child to walk to the Flagpole area on his/her own. It is imperative that you talk with your child to create a plan in case you are late. Make sure to communicate that plan to your childâ€™s teacher.
- In an effort to ensure student safety, we are asking for parents and teachers to remind students NOT to climb through the bushes in the front of the school when entering or exiting the building. Thank you for your assistance with this matter.
- Please notify the office if you have a change of address or phone number. It is important to have up to date contact information in the case of an emergency.